- Valhalla includes a side quest system called 'Mysteries' for each section of the map. Aside from mysteries, there will also be 'Wealth' and 'Secrets' to find in each section of the map.
- Boss battles appear to have phases, with mini combat cutscenes to complement the flow of battle.
- Eivor has three bars in the bottom left corner of the screen which pertain to their adrenaline, health and stamina, adrenaline is the resource burned to use abilities in battle.
- Eivor can eat mushrooms mid-battle to increase the ability gauge.
- The inventory screen in Valhalla looks almost identical to that of Odyssey, and Eivor will carry around a rations bag, presumably to refill health on the go.
- The skills screen shows how you will increase Eivor's stats and unlock new abilities, with three styles, Raven, Bear and Wolf on offer - similar to Odyssey's Hunter, Warrior and Assassin build system.
- There's also a separate 'abilities' screen, where it's revealed that Eivor will unlock new skills using Books of Knowledge found in play at heavily guarded monasteries and military camps while searching for territorial wealth.
- Up to 8 abilities can be assigned at once.